2019 Fall Theological Conference
for rostered leaders and spouses, synodically authorized ministers and directors of youth & family ministry of the Northeastern MN Synod, ELCA
"Relationship, Repentance, Reconciliation: Liberation in Context”
September 22-24, 2019
Ruttger’s Sugar Lake Lodge
Grand Rapids, MN
Downloads and Resources
- The Irrelevance of euro-christian Dichotomies for Indigenous Peoples - Tink Tinker
- Why I Do Not Believe in a Creator - Tink Tinker
- "Damn It, He's An Injun! Christian Murder, Colonial Wealth, and Tanned Human Skin - Tink Tinker
- Decolonizing the Language of Lutheran Theology: Confessions, Mission, Indians, and the Globalization of Hybridity - Tink Tinker
- American Indians, Conquest, the Christian Story, and Invasive Nation-Building - Tink Tinker
Sunday, Sept. 22
2-4 pm Community Conversation: Rev. Dr.“Tink” Tinker- Zion Lutheran, Grand Rapids
4-6 pm Registration
6-7 pm Evening Meal
7:15 pm Welcome, Introductions
Update from Together Here
7:30 pm Holy Ground and Sacred Spaces
8:45 pm Fellowship time in the Lobby
Monday, Sept. 23
7-8:30 am Breakfast
8:30 am Morning Devotions
9:00 am Session I: Rev. Dr. “Tink” Tinker
10:30 am Break
10:45 am Session II: Rev. Dr. “Tink” Tinker
1-2:30 pm Session III: Rev. Dr. “Tink” Tinker
2:30 pm Bishop's Election Committee Update
3:10 pm Free Time
3:15-4:30 Discussion with Rev. Dr. Tinker
6:30 pm Evening Prayer
7:00 pm Dinner
8:00 pm Fellowship time in the Lobby
Tuesday, Sept. 24
7-8:30 am Breakfast
8:45 am Session IV: Rev. Dr. “Tink” Tinker
10:30 am Worship w/Holy Communion.
Dismissal & Checkout
Register by filling out this form and sending it directly to Ruttger’s.
You will receive a reservation confirmation, and a map-from Ruttger’s.
If you have questions about lodging and amenities,
please contact Ruttger’s at 800.450.4555.
Note especially the information regarding commuters, spouse and children, cancellation/ Refund Policy, and directions for indicating or requesting a roommate.
Child care is not provided.
Program costs are covered through the synod budget and special grants.
Kayaking, Hiking, Tennis, Golf,
Reading, Resting, Conversation, Relaxing!